Saturday, July 10, 2021

A Retrospective on Mystical Practice Throughout My Life

Once upon a time, when I was younger and in collage, I dabbled in mysticism.  To the point where I was able to have a Kundalini experience.

This was achieved by at least a couple of hours of meditation at night. 

Eventually, my spiritual ambitions were derailed by life, and I fell off the path.

Oddly, mystical experiences did not stop just because I wasn't meditating, although most of the really strange things happened in dreams.  

Many strange things would happen in dreams, sometimes visits from beings that were certainly upscale from me.   

I'm thinking of the white light that told me I was in his hands, and he showed me what some of his plans for me were.

I would seem to experience people's deaths with them.  And when they were strangers, I chalked it up to the fact that it was only a dream.  When people I knew died, it was something else, because I knew they were dead.  It would turn out that they were.

In all of that I have to ask myself, where is the mysticism, the union with God that mystics seek.   That I sought.

I don't believe in God the way I used to, although I think there are some very powerful beings who could fit anybody's description of a god.  I don't have the kind of faith that I used to. 

We don't really know the contours of Mind, our little mind or the Mind we will have after we depart this life.  It's not so much that Mind is strange, it's that Mind has ideas.  Mind has facilities and we don't know what they are, and when we throw off our mortal coil, we will be met with a reality that would seem new to us if we woke up from a nap.

I do have to say that the one time I woke up thinking I was dead, it seemed awfully ho hum to me.  I suppose this is because without a body we don't get freaked out.

I really don't know where mysticism is in all of the experience we suffer, living and dead. 

Kundalini is an experience for the young, because they have the sexual energy that it takes to lift up the soul and ask to be taken up.  But I was so unusually calm that night that I thought I had been given a gift and I started moving energy around until something crawled out of the base of my spine and came up my spine.

Scared the bejesus  out of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment