Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Contemplating the Moment of Transition

I've often thought of my coming death. It could be ten years, or less or more.  I can't be here in twenty years, and I'm not sure such great age is desirable. 

Even though it seems we pass from life to life, the thing you are part of is simply orders larger than you. 

So you don't die but you change into something else. Each and every life is just an imagined thing, and when it's over you just go on to something else.  Which may or may not be another life.  

I had a dream where I was a man much like me in Ancient Egypt. I had the same sense that I wanted to go somewhere else, even though as far as I knew at the time, civilization ended at the border.

I'm the same person. 

Once you pull your focus away from your life, you are in a place that seems to be missing the element of time.  This is widely reported in by people who experience near death.   

I had quite the number of dreams where I would experience someone's death, and about half a dozen times it was someone I knew.  Yes, they died.

Sometimes, I would be somebody who had just died. That actually happened twice, once with a woman who was a former boss, the other time was when my nephew died.

How can I connect with somebody's disembodied consciousness?

I don't think the interesting things in the world are amenable to scientific materialism.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment